To see Citywide School Lunch Menu please CLICK HERE
New Menu coming November 2022 HERE
Theme Day’s 2021 / 2022
Citywide have a really exciting theme days scheduled right across this academic year. All our their theme day’s aim to encourage children to widen the variety of foods they eat and introduce them to new and exciting dishes, they have based days around the curriculum, national events and other topics that will interest your pupils.
Natasha’s law came into effect from October 2021.The law on allergen labelling for Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) foods has changed. This means that any food business selling PPDS foods will have to include full ingredients on the product label with allergenic ingredients emphasised within that list.
Prepacked products refer to any food put into packaging before being placed on sale. Food is prepacked when it:
- Is either fully or partly enclosed by the packaging.
- Cannot be altered without opening or changing the packaging.
- Is ready for sale.
As a result of this, Citywide services are changing some procedures to coincide with the law.
As from 1 October food prepared by Citywide services MUST NOT to be wrapped (Cling film, Foil, or any other method, either fully or partially) on any service counter.
All staff are currently undertaking allergen training.
All salad bars have been made allergen free to enable it to be suitable to all pupils.
Pre order systems
As from 1 October all schools who have a pre-order meal selector system will have the changes below implemented.
- For any school trips, the packed lunch menu needs to be added to the pre- order system and all pupils must order their lunch through the system. This can be done via parents at home or the classroom. Please make Citywide aware of all trips so we can allocate the packed lunch menu.
- For School Grid or Cypad systems, all pupils who have allergies must have allergies added to their accounts either by the school or parents, if on the Evolve system all pupils allergens are to be added by the parents (once an account has been created).
- Any pupil who has not ordered a school lunch will be served a default meal, this is either a cheese sandwich (preference) or a jacket potato and beans with a piece of fruit for dessert. This is to encourage all parents/pupils to order their lunch, receive the meal of their choice, this also assists in the control of allergens and reduces food waste.
- As from 1 November 2021 and the start of Citywide new menu all pupils are required to order both main meal and dessert via the pre order system.
Please click the link below for GDPR information connected with the use of CyPad.