Please find below a list of websites and apps that you may find beneficial to use at home.
Gocompare have put together a guide to keeping your child safe in the car click here to read the guide.
A great way for your child to keep updated with the news and what is going on in the world, is to watch BBC Newsround daily. You can access the website by using this link: Newsround
Education Resource Website – Twinkl
- Twinkl Go! is a collection of thousands of interactive educational resources which can be accessed and completed on any device, with no apps to install. Click here to access.
- Twinkl Collections are ready-made resources that cover most ages and subjects. Click here to access
- You will find daily activities for different age groups and subjects on Twinkl Home Learning Hub, new content will be added daily including videos, games & activities. Click here to access.
- Twinkl Newsroom delivers news for the kids today with daily news reports. Each news report comes with a range of curriculum-friendly resources. Click here to access.
- Twinkl Kids TV YouTube offers quick, easy and high-engaging lessons, songs and videos that teach phonics, times tables, spelling, punctuation and grammar and much more. Click here to access.
Tutor Bot offers completely free online maths games where children can practice their mathematics skills. The website features over 100 different customisable games which we hope kids will find to be a fun and new way to improve their mathematics fluency, accuracy and speed. You can access the website by using this link https://www.tutorhunt.com/tutor-bot/
Blue Peter – YouTube
Blue Peter have launched their own YouTube channel Blue Peter on YouTube which provides entertainment outside of home-schooling hours.
Blue Peter is the longest running kids TV show in the world and we are uploading videos to it that are suitable for 5-11 year olds. The channel offers world record breaking challenges, arts and crafts, environmental videos, cooking and baking how tos, inspirational films, gaming, celebrity appearances, dance routines and music performances. It also features ways of getting a Blue Peter badge, behind the scenes footage and extra content about the incredible presenters Adam, Lindsey, Mwaksy, Richie and Henry the Blue Peter dog.
You can subscribe by clicking on this link https://www.youtube.com/bluepeter the live programme on CBBC at 5.00pm every week, or on BBC iPlayer.
Virtual School Library
Please click here to access free reading & writing activities from your favourite authors.
Home learning support is available with Bitesize Daily programmes on TV and on the BBC iPlayer; and home learning lessons and activities on the BBC Bitesize website. Click on the link below for more information.
Activity packs – Activity Village
Screen Free Activities
- Click here to access 25 screen-free activities to do at home
- Click here to access fun activities to complete at home
BBC – Tiny People
The BBC have a fantastic website called Tiny Happy People which provides information on how to help your child’s communication skills through simple interaction and play – click here to visit their website.
Barclays Bank – Computing Lessons
This link below takes you to online computing lessons , the resources are free for the children to learn and also have video lessons-these could be very useful if you want to add additional lessons or activities to there offer.
Currently 10 lessons more key stage 2 but would add to our e-safety curriculum this term
Interactive Resources across a range of subjects
Phonics and Reading
- Click here to access Amazon Books – choose the genre or age that you want and then choose sort by price: low to high and there are lots of free books available to read online.
- Click here to access free Ebooks
- http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/Username – Jan21 and Password – home
Websites to support computing
Websites to support Religious Education
|EYFS||Big stories and resources Let’s Celebrate – CBeebies
BBC films for 3-7 year olds – Religions of the World
|KS1||BBC films – KS1 Religious Studies
BBC Bitesize films and home learning lessons
|KS2||BBC My life my religion series BBC Two – My Life, My Religion
BBC bitesize home learning pages and home learning lessons
BBC films – KS2 Religious Studies
- Maths Prodigy
- Scratch/ Scratch Jnr
- Math Duel
- Top marks
- Phonics Ninja
- Pizza fractions 1
- Nasa Visulisation Explorer
- Middle School Maths Planet
- Vocabulary spelling city
- Todo Maths
- Thinking blocks multiplication